1) What initially brought you to Moab?
My family. I was raised in Moab. I left for a few years for college and returned home. I hope to live out my life here.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
I love that I am five minutes away from the desert, mountains, river and arches. I also love all the hiking trails.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
Intolerant and impatient people.
4) What is your occupation?
Mother of seven beautiful children.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Traveling companion to my husband!
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
I’m a homeschooling mother and that takes a great deal of my time. I’m also a chauffeur, cheerleader, laundress, cook, nurse, gardener, counselor, and overall good gal! I feel my day is complete if I get to sneak in a few moments with my husband.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their cars that read: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read?
I’d Rather Be…laughing.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I cheat during our extended Hawks Family Screwy Louie game.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Get out of town.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Hiking with my family.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
Walt Disney World.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Strengthening the amazing family that God has blessed me with.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America? Strive to bring back the ideals of the constitution and limited government.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
The ability to retain what I learn.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A swan, because I am pretty clumsy.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
“Princess Bride.” “Pride and Prejudice” is a close second.
17) And, your all time favorite book?
Too many to choose from.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Neil Diamond, the greatest hits of the 80s, Jenny Phillips
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My daddy. He’s been gone for over a year and I miss him. I can’t wait until I can see him again.
20) What is your life philosophy?
My philosophy is to live my life as closely to Jesus Christ’s example as possible.
Wynette Hawks is a busy mother to seven children. She was born and raised here in Moab and intends to stay. People may be surprised, but she cheats during the Hawks family Screwy Louie game.