Sarah Finocchio is grateful to live in Moab. She loves mountain biking and “Harry Potter”. There’s no other place she’d rather be than right here, right now.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
Love. My boyfriend lived here and we had been long-distance for a year and a half. And I got a job opportunity here and moved to Moab.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
Mountain biking. The trail systems here are incredible.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
Having to go to Grand Junction for shopping.
4) What is your occupation?
I’m the new office manager at Moab Sun News; freelance graphic designer.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
I would love to be an artist, with an emphasis in oil painting.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Wake up in my beautiful home, get to be grateful for where I live. I get to come to work and work with great wonderful people. And when I get off work I go for a mountain bike ride with my Vizsla and then I get to have dinner with my wonderful boyfriend.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I’m such an open book. People probably know more about me than they want to know.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
To become a tattoo artist. (That was in the yearbook.)
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Mountain biking, kayaking.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
My life in Moab.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
To really push healthy eating habits, especially for young people in school. Make good food less expensive, so people could afford to have healthy eating habits.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
Be able to fly.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
I would be an eagle because of their strength, power and freedom.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
“Labryrinth”. It doesn’t get any better: David Bowie in tights.
17) And, your all time favorite book?
The entire “Harry Potter” series. You can’t have just one. The entire series goes together.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
I’d have to have some Counting Crows, that’s my go to. Some Led Zepplin and Dashboard Confessionals. That will cover all my moods.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
Vincent Van Gough, hands down. He is, from when I was in middle school, the one who inspired me to become an artist with his story.
20) What is your life philosophy?
It’s cheesy and cliché, but there is a reason cliches exist. “To be grateful and live in the moment.”