In an press release on March 13, officials with the City of Moab announced the closing of all city buildings at the end of business on Friday, March 13.
“We are taking this preventive measure in response to ‘social distancing’ recommendations from the State of Utah and the Centers for Disease Control,” said Moab City Manager Joel Linares in a statement. “We will continue working for our community while limiting person-to-person exposure both for our residents and our staff. We appreciate the community’s understanding as we all work together to manage and mitigate this serious issue.”
In the statement, the city provided contact numbers for those who need to conduct business with the city or a city tenant.
- Administration 435-259-5121 (please listen for options)
- Business Licensing 435-259-5123
- Utilities (Water, Sewer, Trash) 435-259-5123
- Communications 435-260-7027
- Code Compliance 435-259-5129 option 4
- Police 435-259-8115 (Dispatch)
- Animal Shelter 435-259-0199
- Planning 435-259-5129
- Engineering 435-259-4941
- Recorder 435-259-2683
- Treasurer 435-259-5123
- Finance 435-259-5121 ext. 830
- Building Inspection 435-259-5129 option 1
- Public Works 435-259-7485
- MRAC 435-259-8226
- Recreation 435-259-2255
- MARC 435-259-6272
- AP&P 435-259-7411
- SITLA 435-259-7417
- DCFS Assistant Attorney General 435-259-7464
Anyone with questions or flu-like symptoms is instructed to call the Coronavirus Hotline at 435-719-3998.