Kimberly Kelly grew up in Moab and misses her favorite used-to-be spots. She’d love to be a healer and would ban all unwholesome man-made food-stuffs. She’s the girl that would shave her head and start a food fight.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
I’m a sixth generation native Moabite. Angus Stocks was my great grandfather. He had a ranch in the La Sal Mountains. He did the masonry on the Star Hall.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
It is full of happy people that are looking for adventure, and everyone wants to help each other. I love that. Moab is my life.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
I dislike seeing my used-to-be favorite spots, schools, and home gone or abused. There is a deep feeling of loss when I bike by any of these locations and there are no longer sweet smells full of memory.
4) What is your occupation?
I’m an Alchemist at Dave’s Corner Market.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
I like the idea of creating a healing art or invention of my own that would benefit all.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Early and dry with the thirst for knowledge, leading into a smooth quiet ride, retreat for rest, play with ideas, feed my family, cleanse my day, and sleep.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
In the wild wood.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I am afraid of my mind’s power.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Shave my head and start a food fight.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Exploring the desert and the desert dwellers.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
Chateau de Versailles: France is the most vivid place in my mind’s eye and I was there in 2007. It really made an impression on me.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
I have finally come to like my dark eccentric side.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
I would ban all unwholesome man-made food-stuffs and teach why these are dishonest.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
I would like to have the ability to time travel.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
I would be a snake, because they are flexible, influential, patient, cool-skinned, and beautiful.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
“Nightmare before Christmas” and “The Secret Garden”.
17) And, your all time favorite book?
Childhood: Laura Ingalls Wilder books. Middle School: “Pride and Prejudice”. High school and beyond: “My Antonia” and “The Seed Underground”.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
I want a mix of Ani Difranco, Regina Spektor, Florence and The Machine, and Lauryn Hill; one of my family talking and laughing with Explosions in the Sky in the background; and one with Allison Krause, her melodic voice makes me sleep like a babe.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
I would have dinner with Zach Taylor. I have so many curiosities about him, and I want to know what it is like on the other side(s).
20) What is your life philosophy?
I want to experience everything I can that will be beneficial for me. I want to do more good than harm. I believe in peace and love at any cost and choice in personal expression, through dance, dress, voice, and physical means.