Jeanette Kopell came to Moab to work at Allen Memorial Hospital. Now she is a Super Mom who has two daughters and 18 animals to feed each day. She loves to bike and would love to fly.
1. What initially brought you to Moab?
Biking and a job at Allen Memorial Hospital as a respiratory therapist.
2. What do you love most about living in Moab?
Small town living and the people that live and visit here.
3. What do you dislike most about living in Moab?
Shopping and too many Mexican restaurants.
4. What is your occupation?
Super Mom, teaching assistant at Helen M. Knight Elementary.
5. If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Bike guide, and or work in respiratory care.
6. Describe a typical day in your life.
Wake up, wake kids, coffee for Phil and myself, feed all 18 animals, walk to the bus stop, get ready for work. I get off about an hour before the kids get home. I try and get a ride in, walk up to the bus stop. Check how the kids are. Eat dinner. Go to bed.
7. Some people have bumperstickers on their cars, What would yours say? I’d rather be Riding.
8. Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I have cerebral palsy.
9. In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to:
Be a Biologist.
10. What is your favorite Moab activity?
Hiking with my kids and friends.
11. Tell us your favorite Non Moab place to visit.
12. What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Marrying Phil and having my kids.
13. If you were President, whats the first thing you would do to make life better in America?
Send the government into a time-out and then pass an affordable healthcare act.
14. What superhero power would you most like to have?
Fly. The feeling would be awesome.
15. If you could be an animal, what would you be and why.
Hawk, fast and silent…
16. What is your favorite all time movie?
Anything by Steven Spielberg.
17. And your all time favorite book?
Anything by Steven King
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, which 3 CDs would you want to have with you?
“Outlandos de Amor” by the Police, anything by Eric Clapton, Beatles’ “White Album”
19. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
Ben Franklin. Inventor, statesman, and I could ask him lots of questions about the constitution.
20. What is your life philosophy?