Robert Zufelt is one of the lucky ones – he was born and raised in Moab. He also raised seven children and has 27 grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He’s a happy man who enjoys his work.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
Luck of the draw. I was born and raised here.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
All the incredible fun things you can do here.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
Things that hurt our community.
4) What is your occupation?
Supervisor for Questar Gas.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
The same work I’ve been doing for 38 years.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Go to work at 6 am, get coffee ready for the guys, attend various meetings, go to work in the field with our crews – kind of like the movie “Ground Hog Day”, but fun.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
Riding my Ranger ATV.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
My wife, Sherrie, and I have 27 grandchildren and great grandchildren.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Raising seven children and watching them all move on.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Get industry back in America, put people to work and feed the hungry
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
Ability to see the future.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be?
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
Anything with John Wayne, and Avatar – brings out the kid in me.
17) And, your all time favorite book?
Anything written by John Grisham.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Elvis, Roy Orbison, The Eagles
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
Ronald Reagan. Why? He got the job done and didn’t lie about it.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Work hard, play hard, and die having lots of family and friends. Makes me a winner.
20 Questions is featured weekly to introduce a local community member. Email Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you, or someone you know, should answer our questions.