- This event has passed.
USGS Streamgages: How They Work and How to Get the Data
April 26 | 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
USGS Hydrologist Chris Wilkowske will discuss:
• An introduction to the USGS National Streamgaging Network.
• A summary of how a gage measures the river stage and computes flow in cubic feet per second.
• How to access real-time streamflow information using the National Water Dashboard.
• How to subscribe to Water-alerts, which send an email or text message based on an input threshold.
• An overview of Moab area gages and the peaks that were measured during summer 2022.