[Photo by Andrew Mirrington / Moab Sun News]

Authorities evacuated employees and customers at Millers Shopping Center on Tuesday, June 13, after a construction worker accidentally struck a two-inch gas line at Moab Brewery.

No one was injured during the accident in the shopping center at 702 S. Main St.

Moab Valley Fire Department Chief Phillip Mosher said that Questar Gas Co. called for the evacuation as a precaution while its crews located the leak, pinched off a separate section of the pipe and repaired the damaged portion.

Mosher estimated that the evacuation order was in place for at least two hours as Questar made sure that everything was safe and then restored the shopping center’s gas service.