Tammy McIlvain is a firefighter, but she’d rather be a housewife. She loves Moab, but doesn’t like that her family lives so far away. Hence, her favorite place to visit is her hometown in Michigan.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
My ex brought me here to visit her family and I fell in love with Moab.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
The sense of community and extraordinary landscape that surrounds Moab.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
My family living so far away.
4) What is your occupation?
Aircraft rescue firefighter and volunteer firefighter for Moab Valley Fire District.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Feed the dogs and the fish, feed myself, go to work, work in my yard and play with my dogs, and spend as much time as possibly with my lovely wife.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
If I tell you, then everyone will know.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Follow my dreams.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
My home town, Pinckney, MI.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Becoming a volunteer firefighter.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Fire congress and have new elections.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
The ability to fly. I’m not sure what purpose it would serve, but it would be really cool.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A Tigger, because they’re the bestest bouncers.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
“National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.”
17) And, your all time favorite book?
I’m not sure. I don’t read books unless I’m required to.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Abba “Gold”, Dixie Chicks “Wide Open Spaces” and Fleetwood Mac “Rumours”
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
Any one of my grandparents, because I really miss them and have so many more questions now that I’m older.
20) What is your life philosophy?
“Do onto others as you’d have done onto you.”
20 Questions is featured weekly to introduce a Moab community member. E-mail Kristin at email@example.com if you, or someone you know, should answer our questions.