Annie Relph is a registered nurse and busy mom. She’d like to be lying on a beach drinking a Pina Colada, but most days she is working hard and striving to be a good example to her children.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
I was going through a divorce. My mom and aunt lived here. I knew I would have great family support. I spent my summers here and said I always wanted to live here.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
Having my family around.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
The really cold winter this year.
4) What is your occupation?
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
I would probably be a pediatrician. That was my childhood dream; then life happened.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Get up, run kids to and from, go to work, run kids to and from, get some dinner ready, run kids to and from, go to bed.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
Lying on a beach with my family reading a good book, swimming in the ocean and drinking a Pina Colada.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
That’s a tough one, I am pretty much an open book.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
I have no idea. I guess I could look at my yearbook and see.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Hanging anywhere with my kiddos and husband.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit. Anywhere with water and sun.
I like to try a different travel spot every time we go to see as much of the world as possible.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Leaving an unhealthy marriage as a stay-at-home mom, going to nursing school as a single mother of a three-year-old and one-year-old and becoming a self-sufficient woman who could support my children by myself if I had to. I can only hope I have taught my girls they can do the same thing in life.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America? Give all of the hungry, abused children a safe, happy home with parents that would make sure they had full bellies and hearts full of love.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
Flying, for sure.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
An owl. They are considered to be full of wisdom.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
“Drop Dead Fred”
17) And, your all time favorite book?
I really loved “When the Legends Die.”
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Rick Springfield, Michael Jackson, and Martika.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My gran, simply because she was my absolute hero and I miss her.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Be kind. Teach your children to be people of good character and morals: Kindness, honesty, loyalty, hard-working. Do everything you do to the best of your ability, and take pride in it. Don’t worry about what other people think or say of you. Worry about what God (and yourself) think of you.