Brandi Hymas is doing what she always wanted to do: be a stay-at-home mom. If she’s not at home, she’d like to be hiking or Jeeping in the Moab area, or spending time on Lake Powell.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
Our dad moved us here from Monticello for the golf course.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
The climate, the heat.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
The tourists and the over-crowding during the tourist season.
4) What is your occupation?
I used to be an assassin (exterminator), but now I’m a stay-at-home mom.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Be a stay at home mom.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
I stay at home and take care of my kids. Do laundry, make food, burp and feed. A few diapers here and there.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
At Lake Powell.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I am the only girl in a family of seven brothers.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Have fun and enjoy life.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Hiking or Jeeping. Anything to get outside and enjoy the area.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
Have bionic hearing. I’d like to hear what people say.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A bird, so I can fly high.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
17) And, your all time favorite book?
I don’t read.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Tim McGraw, Jack Johnson and little bit of Bob Marley.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My grandma so I can have one more day with her.
20) What is your life philosophy?
“Family: The more the merrier.”
20 Questions is featured weekly to introduce a Moab community member. E-mail Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you, or someone you know, should answer our questions.