Sally Wickham wakes early to work a 12-hour shift at Moab Regional Hospital as a nurse. She loves her job, her fiance and Moab. She has 20 descendants.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
My dad had arthritis and thought the warmer weather would help him feel better.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
Everything! The beautiful scenery, the mountains, the hunting, and the people.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
No big stores to shop at.
4) What is your occupation?
Certified Nurse Assistant at Moab Regional Hospital
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Nursing care; it’s in my blood.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
I get up at 4 a.m. to get ready for work. I work from 6 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Then I go home and hang out with family.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
In the arms of my fiancé.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I love to watch people and the crazy things they do.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Cheer for our team at Cyprus High.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
Grand Junction, Colo.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
My four boys, twelve grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A zebra, because they’re so beautiful.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
17) And, your all time favorite book?
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Terry Clark’s “I am yours”, Beach Boys and Elvis
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My dad because he has been gone so long and I still think about him every day.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Do unto others.
20 Questions is featured weekly to introduce a Moab community member. E-mail Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you, or someone you know, should answer our questions.