Matt Hebberd loves to ride his bike. It is what brought him to Moab and what he most prefers to do. He loves it so much that he, as a tour guide and outfitter, helps other people have fun on bikes, too.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
Legal mountain biking.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
Wide open spaces.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
Spring and fall are too short.
4) What is your occupation?
Mountain bike outfitter/guide for Rim Tours.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
I already have the job.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Get up before the sun, go for a ride, exercise the dog, go to work and help put people on rides and fix equipment that gets people on rides. After work, chill with the wife and barbecue.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
In 1983 I started annual trips to Moab to ride my mountain bike.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Be out riding my bike
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Riding my bike.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
Any ocean or sea with tropical fish.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Part owner operator of Rim Tours for 24 years.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
I would never close any parks or trails.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
15)If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A swift. They can fly farther and faster than anything else
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
17) And, your all time favorite book?
“The Happy Isles of Oceania” and “Desert Solitaire”.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
My satellite radio would be great.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
Mom, to see what’s up.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Get out and ride!