Gail Wells wakes early and works hard all day. She loves to travel and see new places. She says she has no secrets.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
My father was transferred here from Wyoming with North West Pipe Lines, which is now Williams Company.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
The fact you can be on the mountain, river and desert all within 20 minutes.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
No shopping or choices.
4) What is your occupation?
Office manager and real estate agent for Anasazi Realty and the Association Executive for the Grand/San Juan Association of Realtors.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Not sure, I really like my job, but I’d like something where people take care of me, and my stuff. I want to be “the boss.”
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Wake up at 5:30 a.m. to go for a walk. Wake son up at 6:30 for school, make his breakfast and he’s out the door at 7:30. I shower at 8 a.m. Work from 9 till 5. Come home and cook dinner, or do sports activities with son. Homework. Relax for a few, then to bed usually by 9 p.m.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
Rich and traveling.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
Gosh, I am pretty much an open book. Not sure there is anything people don’t know about me. I am what you see.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Have a great time at any expense.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Going to the mountain for camping or just for rides.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
Any place. I love to travel and see things.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
My success of being a single mother and raising a wonderful son!
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America? There are so many things that need to change in this country, but I guess I would say stop supporting all the other countries and take care of our own.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
Being invisible would be a great one for many reasons.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
I would want to be a salt water fish. They are so colorful and underwater is so peaceful.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
“Shawshank Redemption” or the “Green Mile”.
17) And, your all time favorite book?
I have only read three books in my life. Not a big reader.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Journey, Eagles and Bon Jovi. All greatest hits so I would have lots of music.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
I think maybe my great-grandfather. I never met him, but have heard many stories about him and his travels to America from Italy. I just think it would be wonderful to get to talk to him.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Make the most of what you have today, it may all change tomorrow!