Scott Horton works hard for his family and the young people he coaches in sports. He’d rather be sitting on a beach, maybe listening to a little Tupac, Johnny Cash or the Zak Brown Band.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
I was born and raised here.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
That it is safe for my kids.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
The lack of sports stores.
4) What is your occupation?
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Build bridges or coach sports.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Get up and go to work. Leave work and go to a court or a field to coach. Eat dinner, go to bed. Start over.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
Sitting on a beach.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I am pretty easygoing.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Get married right after high school
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Being a positive influence in young kids’ lives.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Take care of the homeless.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
I would like to be strong, like the Hulk.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
I would be a dog, because they are loyal.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
“Remember the Titans”.
17) And, your all time favorite book?
“The Stone Barrington” series by Stuart Woods.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Tupac, Johnny Cash, The Zac Brown Band.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My Father, so he can see what I have become.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Nothing comes easy, you always need to work hard.