Chrissy Kinslow is an artist. When it rains she chases waterfalls. She loves getting crafty with friends and knows how to party like a rock star.
1. What initially brought you to Moab?
My mom brought my brother and I here when she was 24 years old, way back in 1977. She knew Moab would be a great place to raise two children as a single mom.
2. What do you love most about living in Moab?
There is magic amongst the red rocks, majestic mountains, and glossy nectar glaze sunsets that can’t be found anywhere else.
3. What do you dislike about living in Moab?
That it is not Moab, Colorado.
4. What is your occupation?
Artist, Rim Cyclery employee, and full time student, soon to be headed off to get my Masters in Art!
5. If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Famous female artist creating large public pieces for large amounts of cash where I can hire all my friends and family to be creative with me!
6. Describe a typical day in your life.
Coffee, art, playing with my dog, more coffee, more art, riding my bike, eating lunch with my mom and her chickens, splashing at the beach and finally laying in bed after a long day with my cat, pretzel M&M’s, and an episode of Weeds.
7. Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
8. Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I am a Republican! Ha ha! No really, I am fearful of grasshoppers and love stale peeps.
9. In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Oh boy! I would have been considered the person most likely to party like a rock star,
and I did.
10. What is your favorite Moab activity?
Chasing waterfalls after a good rain.
11. Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12. What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Raising my daughters to be strong willed women full of spunk and originality!
13. If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in
I would legalize “it”. And put all the money into schools and health care!
14. What superhero power would you most like to have?
I would like Wonder Woman’s lasso of truth.
15. If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
I know this sounds cliche’ but I would be a bird; in particular, a raven because they fly but mostly because they represent magic.
16. What is your all time favorite movie?
“Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” (1971 version).
“Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.”
17. And, your all time favorite book?
“Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson under the pseudonym Lewis Carroll.
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have
Bob Marley: Exodus, Primus: Sailing the Seas of Cheese, In Yo’ Face The History of Funk vol.1-5 (is that cheating?)
19. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
God, and I would bring my lasso of truth as an appetizer.
20. What is your life philosophy?
Embrace all imperfections, revel in the awkward, meow out the words to a song you don’t know, color outside the lines, and by all means go fly a kite.