Emily Dibley is a midwest girl who came to Moab to help out her aunt and uncle. She learned to chug water, endure the heat and mountain bike. The girl loves to talk, but she says she can be quiet.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
My aunt and uncle, Kim and Dave Boger, own Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast, I ventured out here to help them out.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
My front yard is the La Sal Mountains and my backyard is the Moab Rim. Definitely the beauty we are all surrounded by everyday!
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
I’m a Midwest girl, originally from Indiana, so this heat is definitely something to get use to. I’ve learned to chug water.
4) What is your occupation?
I’m a waitress at Zax’s and a barista at Brewed Awakenings.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
To heal others through holistic health – human touch, a nutrient rich meal and 30 minutes of yoga a day will do wonders!
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Nothing but shenanigans.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
I’d Rather be… here now. It’s important to stay present.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I can actually be quiet! I love alone time and believe finding balance with that in life is very important.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
…never shut up. I was voted Most Likely To…host her own television show.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
I’ve become quite obsessed with it all, but mountain biking is my digs!
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
Volturara Appula, Italy. That’s where my grandparents are from. Tiny little village on top of a mountain. Insane beauty, homemade meals, and lots of love.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Surviving as the youngest girl of six. Italian families equals intense.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Get rid of all televisions and billboards. They’ll rot your brain.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
I always thought it would be cool if you could “plug in” to peoples minds and automatically understand them with no words.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A horse. They’re strong, graceful, and wild!
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
Anything Wes Anderson puts out.
17) And, your all time favorite book?
Any cookbook. I could read them for days!
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Can I just bring three people with three different instruments, instead? Preferably banjo, mandolin, guitar.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
All my siblings. Greatest human beings I know!
20) What is your life philosophy?
Stay in constant movement. Do not become stagnant or you will die. Question everything.