Cullen Barker found Moab when his car broke down on the way to Alaska. He would like to be Captain America, but instead he is a bike mechanic and mountain bike guide. That’s okay. It’s a dream job.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
Car trouble en route to Alaska. Sold the broken car, went to Alaska and returned one year later to thaw out!
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
The awesome characters who live here. Rockstars, athletes, homeless moms, dads, welders, janitors, and everyone and no one! It’s a very personable place.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
Good people eventually leave here and never return.
4) What is your occupation?
Bike mechanic and mountain bike guide
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Super hero ‘Captain America’
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Living out everyone else’s dream vacation that they only dream up behind a computer screen.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
Rallying sliding sideways at 65-plus on dirt!”
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I am getting younger each day that passes.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Run across the nation like Forrest Gump with one pair of shoes and a single energy bar or join the circus.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Meeting great people from all walks of life!
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Growing a set of chops as an infant.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Provide everyone with a quality bicycle or hand cycle and no limits on free health care.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
Mind power to overcome any negative thought process!
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
Soaring eagle! To fly through and above canyons, mountains and cliffs.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
“Never Cry Wolf”
17) And, your all time favorite book?
“Ultimate High Goran Kropp (Everest Odyssey)”
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Bob Marley’s “Sun is Shining”, Thievery Corporation’s “DJ Sessions” and Ottmar Liebert’s “Dune”.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
Colin McRae, former world rally champ. Because he lived life to the fullest, always pushing the limits on the edge but in full control. Great father, husband and man.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Positive Mon! Pura Vida! The Good Life!