Shirley may work with Veteran’s Administration, but she’s truly a cowgirl. She’d rather be riding a horse than anything else. But, if you’re a friend or family member, you might know she likes to cook, too.
1. What initially brought you to Moab?
A road trip, with bikes, friends and excitement to experience Moab.
2. What do you love most about living in Moab?
Being able to discover nature where ever I go: on foot, in a jeep, on a bike, ATV or horseback.
3. What do you dislike about living in Moab?
4. What is your occupation?
Work part time for the Grand Junction VA and back up wrangler at Red Cliffs Lodge
5. If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Helping individuals create a sustainable lifestyle that address health through nutrition, exercise and mindfulness.
6. Describe a typical day in your life.
Reading,cooking, gardening,exercise and being with friends.
7. Some people have bumper stickers on their car that read: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read?
I’d Rather Be… riding horses.
8. Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
That I enjoy cooking for family and friends.
9. In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
10. What is your favorite Moab activity?
Hiking and discovering new places in and around Moab.
11. Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12. What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Raising my children to be responsible adults.
13. If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
I wouldn’t want to be president.
14. What superhero power would you most like to have?
Giving people tools so they could communicate effectively.
15. If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A bird, to flying in silence and see the beauty of nature.
16. What is your all time favorite movie?
17. And, your all time favorite book?
“The Power of Now”
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Carlos Santana, Bonnie Ratt and Al Green
19. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why? James Brown, because no matter what happened in his life he stayed true to himself.
20. What is your life philosophy?
There is a great book called the “Four Agreements.” I try to live by those agreements.