He may be the school district superintendent, but he wanted to be a rock star. His classmates thought he’d play college football, but he earned a doctoral degree. And the man would like to be able to use Thor’s hammer.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
I was hired as superintendent of schools for Grand County School District.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
I love the red rocks.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
I can’t visit my grandchildren as much as I want.
4) What is your occupation?
Superintendent of Schools
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
A rock star.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
I go to my office. Outline the day; answer emails; complete reports and projects; create meeting agendas and visit schools.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
Cruising the Caribbean.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
While I lived in Peru I was in a bus wreck in the Andes Mountains, endured a 7.5 earthquake and a military coup all in month.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Play college football.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Earning my doctoral degree.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Declare Jeep Safari a national holiday.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
The ability to use Thor’s hammer.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A Bengal Tiger because they are just cool.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
17) And, you’re all time favorite book?
“Shike: The Time of the Dragons”.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
Eagles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Neil Young.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
Julius Caesar because I love Roman history.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in you sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)