Carl Dixon has the best job in the world as a grandpa and a farmer, but he admits he’d rather be 20 years old again. If he could be any animal, it’d be a herd bull. Guess why.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
A seismograph crew in 1968.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
You are never bored; there is so much variation in scenery and politics.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
Too many places with old junked cars and trash.
4) What is your occupation?
Retired from Atlas and the Old Spanish Trail Arena; now just grandpa and farmer.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
I have the best job in the world.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Get up, have a few cups of coffee, make breakfast. Spend a little time with daughter and her dog. Usually feed the horse, move water, have lunch, take a nap, watch “Judge Judy” and “Gunsmoke”, work in the yard, enjoy the patio with my lovely wife, watch the news and go to bed.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that read: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read?
I’d rather be twenty again.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I cry easily.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Marry the Homecoming Queen.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Spending time with family and friends.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Make a job for everyone so they earn what they get.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
I would like to make everyone from all countries, races and religions to respect each other and get along. I guess that is like hoping for world peace.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A herd bull in Nebraska: Plenty of food and girls.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
“Conagher” with Sam Elliot and Ken Curtis
17) And, your all time favorite book?
“Last of the Robbers Roost Outlaws”. I also like “The Far Country”.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
I don’t listen to much music but I would have to have my grandson’s album “Devon Dixon” and my friend Sand Sheff’s “Cowboyin’” and Lone Star’s “When Cowboys Didn’t Dance.”
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My grandmother Dixon. I have so many questions for her that I didn’t ask when she was alive.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Dance the dance of life without stepping on too many people’s toes.