Jody Ellis says she’s shy, even though she may have been considered the girl to most likely hang out with the boys in high school. The Retired Service Volunteer Project (RSVP) director thinks adult children should take care of their parents.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
I was born here.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
Knowing that in some small way I am helping the people in our great community.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
Slumlords taking advantage of others.
4) What is your occupation?
RSVP Volunteer Project Director
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
The job that allows me to be a liaison for Senior Citizens with everything from accompanying them to doctor visits and understanding their bills to helping them get qualified for programs they qualify for.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Coffee, exercise, eggs with my honey. Off to work placing volunteers in local organizations who address community needs, e-mails, meetings, visiting with seniors, paperwork, e-mails. Home to exercise the dog. One hour visiting with my honey. Dinner. One hour of TV. Bed.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
Living in a Yurt, spending my entire day with my honey, hiking, biking, whatever we decide.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I am shy
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
hang out with the boys.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Hiking and camping.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Marrying the best guy in the world and having great kids.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
I would implement a law which punished adult children who do not care for their parents.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
Read people’s minds.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A dog. I see what ours gets away with.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
Christopher Reeve’s “Some Where in Time” and Jimmy Stewart’s “It’s a wonderful Life”.
17) And, your all time favorite book?
“Bridges of Madison County”
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you? Randy Travis’ “Always and Forever”, The Eagles “Desperado” and Deanna Carter’s “If this is Love”.
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My mother-in-law. We didn’t get enough time together.
20) What is your life philosophy?
I actually have a three-parter.
1.To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world. 2. It doesn’t matter how fast you walk, if you don’t know where you are going, you’re never going to get there.
3. (DIRTFOOT) Do it right the first time.