Dr. Joe Roberts would be a mountain man if he could have any job in the world, but instead he lives in the present and volunteers as the staff M.D. for the Moab Free Health Clinic’s Pediatrics Clinic.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
Retirement and so many things to do and see in the area.
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
No traffic or crowds.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
The high cost of living.
4) What is your occupation?
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
A mountain man if it were the 80’s- traveling with [my] horse and dog and living with Indian tribes.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Volunteer work at Moab’s Free Health Clinic every Wednesday evening, traveling about, four wheel drive off road trails.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
Discovering the “backcountry” about Moab.
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Most likely to attain any goal I had in mind.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Exploring the off road trail about Moab and Indian rock art.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
Great Falls, MT, my hometown.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Being able to treat the health problems of children.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Expand upon health care to all Americans.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
The ability to fly.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A Quarter Horse- elegant, majestic and fast.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
17) And, your all time favorite book?
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you? Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My parents, to discuss the many questions I did not ask of them when I had the chance to do so.
20) What is your life philosophy?
To trust everyone initially until they show if they can be trusted or not.