Bella came to Moab from Thailand through the Work and Travel Program. Now she makes soups and sandwiches at her restaurant Pantele’s Desert Deli. She loves to sing.
1. What initially brought you to Moab?
Work & Travel Program
2. What do you love most about living in Moab?
Nice people and great environment.
3. What do you dislike about living in Moab?
4. What is your occupation?
Restaurant owner/ operator of Pantele’s Desert Deli.
5. If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
I would like to be a singer.
6. Describe a typical day in your life.
Wake up, sell good food to the customers, cook for the family and hang out with them.
7. Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
8. Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I am a full-blooded Chinese but was born and raised in Thailand.
9. In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Skip the class whenever I can.
10. What is your favorite Moab activity?
I don’t have time to do anything besides working but I would love to go mountain biking and climbing.
11. Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
Zion National Park
12. What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Having my own restaurant at the age of 26.
13. If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Increase the minimum wage to motivate people to work instead of applying for welfare.
14. What superhero power would you most like to have?
15. If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
I would choose to be a dolphin because dolphins are intelligent and friendly.
16. What is your all time favorite movie?
17. And, your all time favorite book?
None since I do not read.
18. If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
‘The Spirit Room’ by ‘Michelle Branch’, ‘By the Way’ by ‘RHCP’ & ‘Ka-Po-Lo Club’ by ‘Nicole Terio’ (Thai Music)
19. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
It would be my own father because I hardly told him how much I love him when he was still alive.
20. What is your life philosophy?
You get what you give so try to give what you want to get.