Delite Primus came to Moab for a dream job. She prefers the live voices of her friends to any singer on a CD. And she’s a good person to know because she likes to bake cookies.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
A dream job at the Youth Garden Project
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
The people that make up the amazing community here and the grounding the red rocks provide.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
How challenging and expensive it is to travel to and from here.
4) What is your occupation?
Executive Director of the Youth Garden Project
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
Give money and materials to people and organizations doing good in this world.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
Slowly wake up with some coffee, spend the day at the Youth Garden Project, enjoy dinner and the evening with Ann.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I’ve gone to Eastern Africa twice and would love to go back.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
Break into spontaneous laughter.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Hiking and road biking .
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
My parents’ farm.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
Taking a risk and moving to Moab. I never could have known how much I would love it here, all that I would discover, the opportunities and adventures I would have, and how happy life here would make me.
13) If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do to make life better in America?
Change laws that directly cause inequality and unrest between and among people.
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A hummingbird. Their strength and resilience despite their size is amazing. They are considered to be symbols of peace and never ending joy.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
I usually fall asleep during movies.
17) And, your all time favorite book?
“Giraffes Can’t Dance”
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
I’d rather have three friends that could sing songs to me!
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My Grandma Abbas because from everything I know about her she was an incredible lady that I could learn a lot from; and my sister Becky because I would love the opportunity to eat the richest chocolate cake imaginable with her and hear her laugh again.
20) What is your life philosophy?