You may already know Gregg Balling. But, did you know that he’s the hospital’s Assistant Supreme Galactic Computer Overlord and an aspiring Super Evil Villain (complete with costume and bald head). As President, he’d like to give away a puppy to every citizen and his favorite Moab activity is driving down the river road after a rainstorm – we think Gregg is Super Villain, minus the evil. See if you agree, by reading on.
1) What initially brought you to Moab?
2) What do you love most about living in Moab?
There’s no better place to raise a child.
3) What do you dislike about living in Moab?
No left hand turns onto Main from May through August.
4) What is your occupation?
Assistant Supreme Galactic Computer Overlord at Moab Regional Hospital and part-time chupacabra racer/breeder.
5) If you could have any job in the world, what would you most like to do?
I would say ‘Evil Super Villain’ because I have the costume and the bald head already; but I don’t want to hurt anybody.
6) Describe a typical day in your life.
I get up, tell my daughter ‘I Love You!’, take a deep breath and ready myself for the wonder each day holds. Then, I dive in.
7) Some people have bumper stickers on their car that reads: I’d Rather Be Sailing. What would your bumper sticker read? I’d Rather Be…
8) Tell us one thing people don’t usually know about you.
I’m not as strong as I pretend to be.
9) In high school, you would have been considered the person most likely to…
…Fall into obscurity.
10) What is your favorite Moab activity?
Driving down the river road after a rainstorm or driving the loop road in autumn.
11) Tell us your favorite non-Moab place to visit.
12) What do you consider your greatest achievement in life?
My beautiful daughter and best friend, Riley.
13) If you were President, what’s the first think you’d do to make life better in America?
Well, “Jersey Shore” is over; somebody beat me to it. But seriously, if I could “do” something? You can’t force or legislate tolerance. And, I truly believe intolerance is the most vile bane that afflicts many people. How do you get rid of that with one step? I don’t know. How’s about a consolation prize? FREE PUPPIES FOR EVERYONE!
14) What superhero power would you most like to have?
How about the power to make stupid people shut up? Sorry, Fox News viewers.
15) If you could be an animal, what would it be? Why?
A cat; because they’re cute and they get away with murder.
16) What is your all time favorite movie?
17) And, your all time favorite book?
Anything from Jim Butcher.
18) If you were stranded on a desert island, which three CDs would you want to have with you?
1.) Anything from “Yanni” to be used as motivation to leave said forsaken island
2.) Audio Book “How to build a raft from things you find on a desert island”
3.) Audio Book “How to navigate a make-shift raft to find the Bahamas”
19) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
Probably Morgan Freeman; I’d have him narrate the menu for me.
20) What is your life philosophy?
Who or what you want to be in this life is of little importance. Focus on who or what you DON’T want to be – it makes all the difference in the world.